Wendy Brewer's Newest Deal
Swap dealers are famous for creating new instruments, but not everyone can create real live progeny. While a number of women have given birth in the midst of active derivatives careers over the years, very few of them have been senior managers of derivatives groups.
That makes the expected birth of a son in late October to Wendy Brewer, senior manager of the market risk control department and capital markets administration at Bank of Tokyo/Mitsubishi, a distinctly outlying event.
Brewer plans to be taking four to six weeks off before returning to work in early December, just in time to prepare for other visitors. "The birth was carefully planned to occur between visitations from the Federal Reserve Bank and the Japanese Ministry of Finance,” she reveals with a smile. "The regulators came to visit the bank in September and they're coming back in December.”
Please fax information on job changes to: 212-366-0551
- Peter Fusaro has joined ABB Financial Services, the consulting arm of Asea Brown Boveri, as senior vice president. The company is active in efforts involving the deregulation of the electricity markets in U.S. and elsewhere.
- Scott Neal and Don Black, vice presidents at Enron Capital and Trade Resources are setting up new operations for the company in Buenos Aires. They will be involved developing the company's efforts in in the Latin American energy and commodity markets.
- Satish Nandapurkar, managing director of U.S. structured equity derivatives trading at Deutsche Morgan Grenfell has resigned and been replaced by Jason Cuevas. The move followed the departure of New York equity derivatives head David Duebendorfer.
- Chris Mehan has been named head of global risk management at Sanwa Financial Products in New York. He will head up the firm's credit risk, risk policy and middle office departments.
- Bob Emerson and James Lowry have been hired as fixed-income traders at Smith Barney in New York. Emerson is formerly from Lehman Brothers. Lowry worked previously at First Chicago NBD.
- Integral Development Corp has hired Tim Westhoff as General Manager. Westhoff will be based in New York and spearhead the company's sales, consulting and support efforts in North America.